Those Easter dresses were so much work that I am showing each one off in its own separate post and telling you all how I made them, hopefully getting some tutorials out on my original designs by the end of the week. So, here we go- youngest to oldest...
For the diaper cover I used THIS pattern, but I added ruffles, inspired by THIS tutorial. I made some changes on the ruffles- the sides were hemmed in on a curve so that it doesn't look weird from the front, the bottom edges were hemmed instead if serged, and I had just enough lace leftover to make the top ruffle using that instead of the white fabric.
The white fabric for the lining and trims in all of the dresses came from a really nice white sheet I got at Target.
OK... now for the proud-mama-show-off-pictures!!!
|(Her finger is fine- she had a check-up that morning and needed a finger prick,
but the nurse matched the gauze to her dress!)
|little peek at the ruffles|
|back of the dress|
|Here is her basket! I let her pick the colors by crawling to the reed she liked. =|
Pretty cute for her first Easter!!! =)