I have so many crafty things to share on the blog, but I just haven't had time to edit pics and type up posts. I don't things will ever settle down around here. Here is another MOPS craft projects. We did this at our open gym gathering. Usually the kids just run loose and we can chat while we let them burn some energy. I just set up a table off to the side with this extra craft project to do with the kids if they were interested. It seemed to go really well and the kids had fun choosing items to put in their bottles.
You will need...
~plastic bottles ~rice ~funnel ~scoop ~sharpie marker ~hot glue gun ~assorted trinkets
For the trinkets to include in the bottle, some of us just collected assorted choking hazards and craft supplies. We had alphabet beads, seashells, buttons, toys, feathers, colored beans, metallic confetti (this looked great in the bottle!), animal beads, charms, etc.
They were really easy to make...
- Choose a clean, dry, plastic bottle. I brought small Gatorade bottles, but some people had some really nice bottles from other beverages.
- Fill the bottle partway with rice. We used a funnel and a scoop.
- Choose small trinkets to place in the bottle.
- Add more rice until the bottle is nearly full, but leave plenty of space to roll the rice around.
- Hot glue the lid onto the bottle.
- The step we skipped... write the child's name on the lid with a Sharpie.
I love craft projects with kids that are actually useful and last more than a few days!